Thursday, July 23, 2009

Why am I blogging?

Dear Reader,
Better late.. Please allow me to answer the question "why am I blogging?"

When I was laid off in Jan09, I asked myself “What has my education and work life given me?” It gave me some good friends and money, nothing beyond that, nothing that could feed my soul. After 2 sleepless nights and a lot of inquiry I looked around and realized that nobody spoke about emotions of a student, nobody spoke about sexuality, about relations, about questioning, about laughing and crying, about sincerity, about trust, about failure.. the very important threads of the fabric called 'Life'. Its an endless list of “Life Skills”. That is where I decided to work with people after working for 14 years with machines. A friend helped me associate with his college where I started interacting with engineering students on “Life Skills.” Now I am also associated with students of a business school. Students typically talk to me what they cannot talk to their parents and their teachers. They may not get readymade answers to their questions and many go back with more questions to think about than the number of questions they came with to me. I feel making them hungry is more important than giving “do this and don’t do this” answers. With an intention of reaching more students I decided to blog and here I am. I hope I will be able to ignite fire in many hearts and create hunger in many more bellies.

I thought I should also blog for parents but decided to keep them in the same place http://ashforstudents.blogspot.com instead of creating ashforparents separately.

Your comments are always welcome!

Thanks and regards,
Ashirwad.

No comments:

Post a Comment